Saturday, May 2, 2009

Word of the Week

or rather, of the indefinite future.

Usury: an exorbitant or unlawful rate of interest or fee for the use of money. The lending of money at exorbitant interest rates

I work at a bank and came across this word in a letter a pissed of client sent in. It's not every day I come across a word I've absolutely never heard of before. You see, I like to fashion myself as being intelligent. Even though I know I'm not. I mean, no intelligent person buys Alien vs. Predator 2 ...even if it was only $10.

I informed my multicultural cadre of acquaintances (one is Black, one is Jewish, and one is African. Black and African aren't the same. Africans hate Black Americans). Turns out, it was the Jewish one who claimed the to have the most experiences with the word. Oh man, I love stereotypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment