Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My New Coffee Table Book

On my way to another swoll inducing diesel session at the gym today, I walked past a bookstore that featured this book in the window.
Fucking sweet. I glimpsed it and kept walking. Then did an about face to re-examine what I saw. Indeed the book is entitled Beards of our Forefathers. Amazing. I think I'm going to go back to that store and buy it just to put on my coffee table, despite not knowing a thing about it.

Update: I googled it, had to. It's a comic strip anthology...letdown, as it isn't a book about sweet beards.

I want to make said book. A coffee table talk piece about facial hair adorned by men, and women (I'm an equal opportunist, yo), throughout history.

From the great bearded general Ambrose Burnside...damn, look at those eponymous sideburns. Diesel...Hard Core...Sexy
To Tom Selleck



To this guy...courtesy of Look at this Fucking Hipster (www.LATFH.com)




Beards, the one thing not even hipsters can ruin.

No comments:

Post a Comment