Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Would I...

So....I was thinking. Would it be sweeter to be a Greaser or a Soc. Sure, the Greasers were glorified in The Outsiders but if you think about it, they were nothing but a bunch of leather jacket wearing Emilio Estevezes. The kind of cats who don't shower for a week at a time, spits in your cheeseburger and inexplicably drinks Mike's Hard Lemonade. But a white tee and a leather jacket, such a clean look.

FYI, the cast of the movie reads like a who's who of 1980s superstars. Patrick Swayze, Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon, Rob "Sex Tape" Lowe, and the aforementioned Estevez. It's like a 16 year old girl's wet dream. Funnily enough my wet dream, Diane Lane, is also in it. She is a fine piece of hot, hot, 40 year old cougar. I almost sat through all of Unfaithful just because of her. Damn that movie sucked.

Anyways, the Socs may be preppy douchebags, but they get a bad rap. Can you really hate preppy? It's the classic American look, like Polo. Stylistically, my caridigan wearing ass would probably be in this camp...until I got kicked out for banging in my white tee....and for being black.

But the best part of being in either posse would def. be the rumbles. I would love to roll up a fight with Crunk Inc. by Crime Mob blaring from the 4Runner. Ahhhhhhshit, this song makes me want to fight. It's be like my own version of a police siren. When people hear it, they'd know shit is about to go down. Listen to it. How could you not want to go Chris Brown on a ho after hearing this.


Crunk, Inc. - Crime Mob

Highlights?

I personally like the refrain of "fuck that shit that you talking." No matter how many times it's repeated it remains terse. Concise. Full of hate. Hate hate hate. I've only heard two other hooks as blunt and rage inspiring: "fuck them other niggas" from Snoop Dogg's song Down for my Niggas (those No Limit years were rough on Snoop) and "nigga, fuck you" from Lil' Jon's Put Yo Hood Up. "We hate Pastor Troy" from We Hate Pastor Troy isn't angry enough to be included on the list. But, if I were ever to make a rumble-throwdown-mixtape - which I definitely would if I were a character in the book...I could be "Blackguy" kind of like "Ponyboy" but more obvious and callous - those four songs would definitely comprise it.

Also, the alliterative string in the first verse, where the rapper will "beat yo bitch with a baseball bat." That right there is pure genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment