Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Girl I'll House You

Girl I'll House You


Girl I'll House You


Girl I'll House You

Girl I'll House You


G iiiiiiiiirl I'll House You

Girl I'll House You

Girl I'll House You

Girl I'll House You

Girl I'll House You

Girl I'll House You



House music all night long


Actually not all night long. The stuff gets pretty repetitive (what could've given that away?) after about 3 hours. The Guetta concert a little more than a month ago proved this. I was ready to leave around 3am. Maybe it would've been better had I, like everyone else, been ex'd out of my dome. Plus it was full of gweeds. Only thing worse than an overpacked house - there were at least 2000 people in this club - is an overpacked house full of Ed Hardy adorned tools.

Enough of me hating, however. House music is pretty fucking sweet. I listen to it at work. While studying. While walking. While doing just about anything. Especially while working out. I'm trying to convince the next girl I take down to let me rock Yves Larock during.


S
o I walk into the gym some random night and knew it was my day. Knew it was the day I was going to get all my sets in and break a barbell in half by smashing it over my cranium. MUSCLE MILK.

I knew it was my day because I walked in and the gym speakers were blasting Beat It. Solid. Then while changing they started rocking some Daft Punk. Not just ordinary Daft Punk, but a track off of Alive 2007. The track that starts off with the bell tolling, thinking you're in for the sweet vibes of
Aerodynamic. Only to segue into One More Time, only to then switch back into the amazing faux guitar (it's a synth, yo) of Aerodynamic after 16 bars. Or maybe it's 16. I'll tell you next time I listen to it. Pretty sure its 16 though. Anyways, got my rocks off to those sick beats, had a sick lift, and got to thinking: I can make a dope ass gym playlist. And for my ever so loyal audience, here it is.

I also got to thinking about how baller a Synth Hero video game would be. Take all the non-instrumental instrumental parts and apply them to the actual instruments the synth was imitating. Like the guitar from
Aerodynamic, for example. I would absolutely love to play it on a plastic guitar.

Without further adieu...

Kenny Loggins - Highway to the Danger Zone

I always thought Kenny Loggins was the guy who owned that chicken restaurant in Seinfeld. I remember that place, it was dope. But that's actually Kenny Rogers. Not the pitcher who used pine tar on his hand against the Yanks in the playoffs, but some other scrub. Which brings me back to my original question, who's Kenny Loggins?

Europe - Final Countdown

Put this song on while doing your last set on bench. This song, and this one alone, will get you through that pec-shattering final rep. Bank on it. MUSCLE MILK!!!!

Beat It and One More Time/Aerodynamic, obviously

David Guetta - Tomorrow Can Wait, Love Don't Leave Me, Love Is Gone

HOUSE
HOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSHOUSE
HOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSE
HOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSE
HOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSE
HOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSEHOUSE

Eminem - Amityville, 'Till I Collapse

'Till I Collapse is straight fire from beginning to end. Totally gets you're blood going in preparation for those jump squats you're about to get murdered by. Two thirds of Amityville kind of sucks. But that last verse... damn.
" We don't do drivebys, we park in front of houses and shoot." Ridiculous. That was Em when he still had his fire. Before he came out with Encore, come one Em, that was weak.

Wu-Tang Clan - Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothing to Fuck Wit

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigaaaa Style. "I'm causin more family feuds than Richard Dawson/And the survey said, you're dead /Fatal flying guillotine chops off your fuckin head"

Game - Put You On The Game

It'll get you pumped! Guaranteed to get you energized or you can send it back to Limewire.

2Pac - Hit 'Em Up

No explanation necessary. If you need one you're probably dumb, and thats why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker. I've never actually seen this video. Totally early nineties.

1 comment: